Thursday, November 05, 2009

A new post

I have not used my blog in a long time. As you probably have guessed: I did not finish the de la Maza program. But I did serious tactics training for about 3 month. The result was an improvement from 1450 on chess tactics server to about 1670. Not to shabby for a guy in his thirties like me.
OK that was over two years ago. Since then I have read chess books from time to time and followed the top tournaments with some interest. My understanding of the game has defentively improved in the last three years. And with that understanding it ist much more fun to follow the game.  But being a good chess player is not only about understanding but also about skill. And in that reagard I am a little like a musician who enjoys listenig to music but does not play his instrument very often.
I gave it a try on the CTS the last days and still scored a 1620 rating. Thats a little rusty compared to previous results, but still way better than before my interest in chess was sparked again three years ago. I will update this blog  from time to time now. Maybe there will be some people who enjoy reading it.

No comments:

Post a Comment